Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Books You Lied About Reading

Lied is a strong word.
I'm not sure I've ever lied about a book.

I'm a Goody-Two-Shoes.

I always read every book assigned to me,
cover to cover.

I never lied about liking a book
when I didn't.

So this will be an odd little Top Ten Tuesday list.
A list of nothing.

Not much of a post, either.
Forgive me.
I promise to do better next time.

How about you?
What are the top ten books you lied about?




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

13 comments:

  1. That's the stand I took too. I don't think I've ever lied about a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to enter to win DIVERGENT! Your link currently is incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Caroline. I hope that I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even in school you read everything you were given? That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I changed the topic over at my blog. Couldn't think of any book I'd ever lied about. :)

    I've never read this author before, but I'd like to see what she has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling that a lot of my "lies" are related to memory loss. Sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I had a really hard time coming up with books for this prompt. I thought about it for like a week and only came up with six. I'm glad you're honest! (And honest about being honest.) That's a great quality in a reviewer.

    Oh, and btw, I'm reading (and LOVING) Adam Levin's The Instructions right now, which I bought with the amazon giftcard I won here on readerbuzz a few months back. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought "lied" was a little strong too. I'm sure for most books, if someone asked me, straight up "Did you read this?" I would answer honestly. However, I have made some omissions and exaggerations.

    Come check out The Scarlet Letter's Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying to comment all day, but Blogger wouldn't let me. I'm so glad I finally can.

    Anyway, I so wish I was like you. I skipped out on so many "forced" reads. Now, I feel like I have to make up for lost time because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very impressive that you read everything ever set you.... I've fudged my way through more set texts than I care to admit, lol.

    I'd enter your giveaway but unfortunately I can't as I'm not American!

    ReplyDelete
  11. +JMJ+

    I usually read everything I'm given as well, but sometimes I start and never finish . . . or read them from cover to cover, fail to understand them, and then write the assignment, anyway, as if I did get them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christina, that book is on my wish list! Excellent way to spend your gift card. It would make a great book to giveaway on your blog, too...hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.