Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Sadly, these authors will never write another book...this side of heaven.

Do you recognize them?

I included Dr. Seuss, Eric Carle,
Madeleine L'Engle, Margaret Wise Brown,
Roald Dahl, Robert McCloskey,
Sid Fleischman, Virginia Lee Burton,
William Steig, and Hans Christian Andersen.

How about you?
Who do you wish would write another book?


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

20 comments:

  1. Definitely agree on Hans Christian Anderson and Roald Dahl. My childhood books =D
    Thx for dropping by on my Top 10 =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - Dr. Seuss rocks my socks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Eric Carle, I used to read his books all the time to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Roald Dahl was around to write another book as well. I remember being delighted by all of his childrens' books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats a wonderful list! I love so many of those authors. If only it were possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you included Hans Christian Andersen! I always preferred his bunch of fairy tales over Grimm. Also Dr. Seuss and Eric Carle were fantastic contributions--I'd like to think if I thought more along the lines of children's books for this I would have added these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More Seuss! More Carle! More Dahl and More Anderson! :)
    I love your top 10
    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Seuss! I forgot to add him to my list.

    Great list.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! Thanks for stopping by my blog =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You mentioned that you thought Suzanne Collins had writte a series for younger kids, and she did! She has a 5-book series called The Underland Chronicles. I've never been interested, though, because middlegrade isn't really my thing. Maybe I should investigate more.

    I so agree with Dr. Seuss! I have not seen that one pop up on another list yet, but I think he's an awesome choice!

    - Jana @ http://thatartsyreadergirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the slideshow! Great visual. And great authors too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Roald Dahl as a child! He wrote some amazing books and really helped cement my love of reading when I was very young.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah!! Dr. Seuss!!! Amazing pick!! :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome list! Dr. Seuss was always a favorite of mine. My elementary school would have all classes go out every year on his birthday and they'd read one of his stories, lower the flag and have a moment of silence for him. It's one of my fondest memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm terrible! I didn't even think of children's authors. I would have included, Suess Brown and Carle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Roald Dahl and Madeline L'Engle. They provided some of my favorite childhood reading memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only authors I know were only Roald Dahl and Hans Christian Andersen. Thanks for coming by my blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I forgot Roald Dahl!

    I wonder what kind of stories Hans Christian Andersen would be writing if he was living in the present. Makes you wonder doesn't it? :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Virginia Hamilton would definitely be on my list of writers along with Trina Schart Hyman.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, great authors to choose! I think JK Rowling would be up there for me. And Georgette Heyer and Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.