Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The You-Can't-Just-Eat-One Authors on My Reading Journey



   


Sid Fleischman
Lois Lenski



  

Madeleine L'Engle



  Design room for kids with vintage trixie belden books at bedside
Trixie Belden books








Edward Eager




   
Robert McCloskey

Andrew Lang's Fairy Books




File:WallyWoodBookCovers.jpg
Orange Biography Series


 
Phyllis Whitney's Mysteries



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

12 comments:

  1. I wish I'd Madeleine L'Engle when I was a kid. I have heard so many good things about these books. I guess I could read them now, too. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time I read L'Engle. I couldn't believe how good it was and I had to go ahead and read it again.

    That never happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how many of these titles are widely available in libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I remember picking up A Wrinkle in Time in the library but I never read it for some reason and ended up returning it to the library. I should revisit that book sometime...

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Wrinkle in Time still holds up for me as an adult... the rest of the series... not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, Trixie Belden! I loved those so much. My mom gave me her old ones and I loved them all, especially The Gatehouse Mystery. Great list. Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are new to me, but thanks for sharing your journey!

    Check out my TTT.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I love Andrew Lang's Fairy Books, brings back memories straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange biographies! They are on my list today, too, but I just called them "The 92s" because that's all we ever called them in school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Wrinkle in Time, but I never read the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.