1. Reading Mrs. Mike last year reminded me of the power of a backlist of old, wonderful books. Sure, there are great new books. But let's not allow the new to shove the old offstage. So, my first book resolution for 2016 is, in the words of our (old) Brownie song: "Make new friends, but keep the old...."
2. In that same vein...Reread.
3. Similarly...when necessary, speed read. Some books you have-to read (for-review, books from your Great-Aunt Martha) but you don't have to linger over them.
4. And...this happens more often than non-readers think...don't be afraid to cast books aside.
5. Make a list of books to read this year. (See It's a Brand New Year! for my list.)
6. But feel free to set the list aside.
7. Live with the good books. Write down favorite parts. Talk about them with others. Reread the best lines. Blog about them. Buy a to-keep copy of them.
10. This will make you gasp aloud: Do non-book-ish things, too. Reminder to self: The non-book-ish things enrich your book life. So do some non-book-ish things now and then.
*To be added as the year progresses...
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.