Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Great Books I Almost Forgot to Share With You: Little Children's Books that Pack a Huge Punch

Raise your hands if you have read these books.

Okay, let's try raising your hand if you have even heard of them.

Raise them high.

Just what I figured. These aren't books that get a lot of press.

Check them out. I promise you a ride.




The Duck in the Gun          An Egg is Quiet          Gertrude is Gertrude is Gertrude is Gertrude


Wolves                    Train to Somewhere                    The Boy Who Grew Flowers


On My Honor      Manolito Gafotas      Regarding the Fountain      Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf



Do you have others I should read?
Thanks for sharing your recommendations and your thoughts.



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

13 comments:

  1. Oh nice picks! Have to say these are all new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of them! GAH. I feel like my childhood was missing out now. XD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay. Never too late to read a good children's book!

      Delete
  3. Great list as ever. I have read a few of course- The Duck and the Gun, Wolves. I have The Boy Who Grew Flowers about here somewhere, and Clever Polly has just come onto my radar a few months ago when it was rereleased. The others are all new to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone has read these, it would be you, Louise. Half of them are 1001 books.

      Delete
  4. Aww, these look wonderful! Thanks for sharing these titles =D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all new to me. I'd like to check out Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf. Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all new to me. I'd like to check out Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf. Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these books, but some of the titles sound really interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not heard of a single one of these, and have just put most of them on my TBR. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right. I've never heard of these ... it's a lot of fun discovering new children's books. I read so few of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I#m a big lover and collector of childrens books, but I know no one of them... Well, we have I Germany other books -
    My most beloved childrens book is an Australian: "The Landing" by Katherine Scholes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well my hand is most firmly glued to my side. These all look great if the cover art is any indication of what's inside.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.