Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Ten Books to Read if You are in the Mood for Armchair Foodie Travel Books

Could anything be better than armchair travel books?
Well, how about armchair foodie travel books?!


Here's a list:


On Rue Tatin: Living and Cooking in a French Town



Spain: A Culinary Road Trip


The Perfect Meal: In Search of the Lost Tastes of France



American Pie: Slices of Life (and Pie) from America's Back Roads



Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China



Fried Eggs with Chopsticks



McCarthy's Bar: A Journey of Discovery in Ireland



Untangling Chopsticks: A Culinary Sojourn in Kyoto



Stolen Figs and Other Adventures in Calabria



Two for the Road: Our Love Affair with American Food



The Spice Necklace: A Food Lover's Caribbean Adventure



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

19 comments:

  1. I love them all :) but I'm especially drawn to On Rue Tatin and Two for the Road.
    I'm thinking this will make great spring break reading, since we are staying in town this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice :D food and travel, what more could you want? Love your list for this week!

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier :)

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Foodie Travel books and all of these sound amazing. I added all of them to my TBR except for American Pie because I already own a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy books! I love food & travel books! And On Rue Tatin is now on my TBR list... along with all the others! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travelogues featuring food are always fun to read--though they almost always leave me hungry as well! Great topic & list this week :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list, love all the foodie influences and travel. Most curious about Fried Eggs with Chopsticks. My TTT link

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is right up my alley!! I love foodie books. I will have to add Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China to my ever growing reading wishlist.

    Have you read The Story of Sushi: An Unlikely Saga of Raw Fish and Rice by Trevor Corson? It's really good and it made my TTT post this week.


    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/top-ten-tuesday-eleven-books-to-read-if.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely list - I love the cover for the Tatin book!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh fun theme! Can honestly say these are all new to me ones!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! My love of food is the only thing that comes close to my love of books. And if I can read about food then so much the better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like fun reads! I'm a foodie person, so I will have to check into some of them.;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You win the award for most unique Top Ten this week! Great ideas! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a fun post!! Making note of several of these books :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try the Irish pub book! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So I've never even THOUGHT about the existence of arm-chair foodie books but I am soooo 100% onboard with this. XD LITERARY FOOD FTW.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow how did you find all these books? Two for the Road and McCarthy's Bar have caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.