Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ten French-ish Things Reading French-ish Books Have Led Me To Do

Culturally I am nothing. Born in Texas, yes, but with a Deep South father and a Yankee mother. One side of the family Baptist and one side Catholic. No real Texas roots. Could this be why I'm drawn to the rich and deep French culture?

It just took one two week trip to France to rock my world. One two week trip and ninety-four books about France.

What has reading ninety-four French-ish books led me to do? French-ish things, of course.

Here, then, are ten French-ish things that reading French-ish books have led me to do....





1. Reflection 2. Flâneur 
3. Beauty 
4. Bake bread 5. Fresh ingredients 
6. Styling 
7. Good food 8. More beauty
9. Family 
10. Friends















Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

15 comments:

  1. Oooh nice!! All for that bread one! LOL! I love bread! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bread is one of my favorite French-ish things.

      Delete
  2. Great list! Reading books set in France often leaves me wanting or craving for everything French :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fascinated by French food and would love to learn more of the traditional techniques. I always find myself baking bread after reading a book set in France! Love your list and your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two weeks in France sounds heavenly. I want to live in Italy, so understand the obsession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind Italy, either. My people are actually from Italy.

      Delete
  5. I had to look up Flâneur, and I'm glad I did! I love home baked bread and am not sure why I don't do it more often. Growing up my mom made all of our bread. Crazy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely list! I haven't had too much French food in my life, but I'd love to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you topic - great picks!

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a heartfelt list! I love the stained glass in the picture you shared. Beauty, is right. We all need to take more time out for reflection, I think. And for family and friends. At least I do. It's easy to forget when everything seems to rush, rush.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on this topic! I'd love to try baking breads, especially since I watched The Great British Bake Off and saw all those unique breads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you've counted up your French-ish books... and I love being there on your French-ish list, it made me squeal with delight. Once French-ish gets in your blood there's no turning back (and who would want to?)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.