Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Books That Could Use a Little More...Paris

Almost any book would be a little better if it were set in Paris. Here are a few suggestions....





I loved Lillian Boxfish, but why couldn't she have taken a walk in Paris?




Humans of New York was great, but how about Humans of Paris?




Do we really need to go past the city limits of Paris to see the Lonely Planet's Beautiful World? 




The Almost Perfect People of Scandinavia? What about those of Paris?




Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki wouldn't have been colorless had he lived in Paris, I think. 




Why couldn't the Ingalls family head to France instead of trying to traverse and settle the wilds of the American prairie?




Holly Golightly's main problem may have been that she was in the wrong city.



I can see Gatsby living quite happily in Paris. Now that would be a Great Gatsby.



As would Fancy Nancy.



I bet they'd let the Pigeon drive the bus in Paris.






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

19 comments:

  1. I love Paris and it always makes a wonderful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love how you did this! Yes, all books could use a little more Paris ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I have this image of the Ingalls family driving their wagon past the Eiffel Tower and it's pretty great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think pretty much every book could use more Paris, and who wouldn't? Paris is lovely. Great post!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get the feeling you like Paris. I could so see The Great Gatsby take place in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun concept! I especially think Fancy Nancy would enjoy Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post!! I'm determined to get to Paris someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would LOVE a Humans of Paris book! That sounds amazing!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, I love this theme! This was so entertaining to read, I laughed quite a bit. Paris seems lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Great Gatsby in Paris - I like the sound of that. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant! I think Humans of Paris would surely be a huge hit, and I agree entirely about Holly Golightly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Yes, I can see a lot of these books would benefit from being set in Paris. Humans in Paris would be a good one, especially, I think.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.