Tuesday, December 5, 2017

If I Could Visit Any Setting from a Book...


Half Magic
I've always loved places with magic, and, yes, Half Magic is the story of four children who find a coin that works, well, only halfway, but, hey, half magic is pretty cool, nevertheless. So I'd love to visit the world of Half Magic and find a magic coin and make lots of wonderful wishes.


The Phantom Tollbooth
I'd definitely climb into that little car and zip off into the Kingdom of Wisdom. Who wouldn't love that adventure?


Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I'm sure it would be much more difficult to live in the Big Woods than I'm imagining, but I've always wanted to live in those simpler times.


The Magic Treehouse Series
A treehouse. Filled with books. Books that take you to all the wonderful places and times. Ideal.


Amazon Adventure by Willard Price
This is a book I discovered through the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read list. I don't think I've ever read a book packed with more wild action. And it's just one book in a whole series of books. 


The Van Gogh Cafe by Cynthia Rylant
If you are scratching your head over this book, I urge you right now to drop everything else you are doing and buy a copy of this book. It feels like the perfect place to be.


Discworld by Terry Pratchett
Amazing adventures AND extreme zaniness.


Any Haruki Murakami
You never know what will happen in a Haruki Murakami book. Anything can happen and will happen. And you will never understand why or what is going to happen next. Completely wacky.


How about a few books about my favorite places on earth...Japan...France...and Italy?

The Road to Sata: A 2,000 Mile Walk Through Japan


Any book with Paris as a setting would be wonderful...How about The Little Pleasures of Paris?


And as for Italy? I've always loved Extra Virgin, I think.



Finally, to finish up my Best Book Settings Tour, how about stops at each of the world’s most creative places in The Geography of Genius? And then I'll settle for good in the setting of The Year of Living Danishly: My Twelve Months Unearthing the Secrets of the World's Happiest Country.




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.

12 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Lots of new to me places here with these reads!! I think I tried not to pick real places from my picks! I had one that was real and I quickly changed it! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the setting for The Phantom Tollbooth would be a marvellous place to visit.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always said times sure were simpler during the Little House Days. I mean, yes, it was rough at times but a lot less drama than nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good book and travel inspiration on here! I've never read any Haruki Murakami but I'd like to, and that book about living happy in Denmark sounds like it'd give me travel inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to live in simpler times as well. I have one on my list from the Old West. Totally understand ya there! Great job <3

    My Top 10 Bookish places to Visit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh now the magic treehouse would be so much fun!

    What a great list

    Marissa

    Reading List TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A magic tree house full of books sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I'd visit the Four-Storey Mistake, the Melendys' country house in Elizabeth Enright's delightful series. As a child (and a teenager, I admit) I daydreamed often about playing by the brook with the Melendy children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Italy is near the top of my must-visit list. It’s so pretty!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these books, but I have been to a couple of the real-life settings. Paris and Italy are both gorgeous places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Japan is on top of my travel bucket list :) I've been to Italy and would already love to go back as well !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meet you at the Van Gogh cafe! Great book.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.