Tuesday, October 30, 2018

My Favorite Fairy Tales


I was born the day after Halloween. I always felt like Halloween was a glorious celebration of my birthday. Everyone dressed up. We shared lots of candy.

Halloween is a day of magic and illusion. 

To celebrate, here are my favorite fairy tales.


Rumpelstiltskin






Hansel and Gretel




The Frog Prince




The Twelve Dancing Princesses




The Wild Swans






The Emperor's New Clothes




King Midas and the Golden Touch




The Ugly Duckling




Little Red Riding Hood




The Little Match Girl




Which fairy tales are your favorites? Do you like any of these?




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

8 comments:

  1. The Little Match Girl is one of my favorite fairytales, too.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like all of these. We used to have a gorgeous copy of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. My daughter loved that story and she now has the book copy. I look it up - the one illustrated by Kinuko Y. Craft. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a huge fairy tale fan, but do find it interesting to learn about the original (and much more depressing) versions of them. When my daughter was young, I read her the counter-fairy tale "The Paperbag Princess," which is still one of my favorites. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Beauty and the Beast, pre Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not a fan of the depressing fairy tale genre as a kid. So, no Little Match Girl, Emperor's New Clothes, or King Midas for me. I did love The 12 Dancing Princesses, and my favorite was Snow White & Rose Red, mostly because I was a fan of the bear and of the sisterly bond the girls had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've included all my favs too - except the little match girl which makes me very sad. Don't like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday coming up tomorrow! My favorite is probably Beauty and the Beast, though I can't say why. I've just read so many retellings of that one. I guess it's the beauty of a story where a monster can become someone wonderful and caring if given the right encouragement. Though I think such transformations are rare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! My sister has the same birthday as you. I haven’t heard of some of these fairytales. For some reason, the fairytale phase of my childhood never happened. Great list!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.