Sunday, November 4, 2018

Nonfiction November: Nonfiction / Fiction Book Pairing






Hooray, Nonfiction November is here! Nonfiction November is a month-long celebration of everything nonfiction. Each week, we’ll have a different prompt and a different host looking at different ideas about reading and loving nonfiction.

Week 2 (Nov. 5 to Nov. 9)
Nonfiction / Fiction Book Pairing (Hosted by Sarah at Sarah’s Book Shelves)
This week, pair up a nonfiction book with a fiction title. It can be a “If you loved this book, read this!” or just two titles that you think would go well together. Maybe it’s a historical novel and you’d like to get the real history by reading a nonfiction version of the story.




I'm learning to become a Master Naturalist, so I have some good ideas for book pairings, with fiction and nonfiction, or fiction and fiction, that includes naturalist elements.

Two nonfiction books about birding

Two fiction books about forests

A nonfiction and a fiction book about raptors


What book pairs would you make?


15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, Deb! I'm torn... I love the idea of Barkskins and that amazing cover on The Overstory is calling to me - but I've heard a Radio 4 reading of H is for Hawk which was wonderfully done, so would also like to tuck into that one too... I hope you love all these clever pairings:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... How about a history of Culloden with Outlander?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the theme you have going. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good book pairings. I am not very good at this sort of thing, but I especially like your first two since I live with two birders. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pairings. I love birds and trees. One of my favorite things is to sit on the patio with my computer or a book and a cup of coffee early in the morning and listen to the birds begin their day.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reluctant to read H is for Hawk for some reason. I saw it everywhere for a while, but it never struck my fancy. Don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing selections: the premise of H is for Hawk has caught my interest. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Hawk and Kestral pair - I've been meaning to read H is for Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun collection of books. You could add Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver in the books about forests section. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep meaning to read H is for Hawk. Thanks for the reminder, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. H is for Hawk was so good! Here are my pairings: https://wordsandpeace.com/2018/11/07/nonfiction-november-2018-book-pairings/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do enjoy a nature book - both fiction & nonfiction - so love the theme you've gone with. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun. When I lived in Minnesota we had Bald Eagles in our backyard. I loved it. But since our dog was only 15 pounds I watched her closely. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to combine all your interests!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool collection, naturalist elements are very close to my heart and I am definitely inspired by a few of your picks. Great pairing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.