Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With

I have a happy life. I have a wonderful family and friends. I retired from a job I love. I like my home very much.

Some might say my life is...well, a bit dull. If I was going to trade places with a character, I think I'd pick characters that lead adventurous lives. Like...



Lucy and Edmund from Voyage of the Dawn Treader
They, along with their cousin (who I would not want to be) are taken into a painting and end up aboard the Dawn Treader ship and travel to some islands and almost get their ship sunk by a sea serpent and meet some merpeople.



Jack and his aunt's butler from By the Great Horn Spoon!
They stowaway on a ship and join in the California Gold Rush.



Siblings Julian, Dick, and Anne, with their cousin and her dog from Five on a Treasure Island
The five explore an island and a treasure from a sunken ship.



Tomasu, Lord Shiguru, Shirakawa Kaede, and Lady Maruyama from Across the Nightingale Floor
These four explore ancient Japan and have lots of sword fights.



Hal and Roger from Amazon Adventure
The two brothers explore the Amazon River, and must face hostile natives, dangerous rapids, and wild animals.



Jack and Annie in Dinosaurs Before Dark: Magic Tree House #1
The siblings travel back in time to the land of dinosaurs.



The Munrungs in The Carpet People
The tribe travels across a land called The Carpet to find a new home after their old home is destroyed by mysterious Fray.



Adam from Adam of the Road
After his minstrel father dies, Adam travels across medieval England.




Pagan of Pagan's Crusade
Pagan travels to medieval Jerusalem to find work as a squire.








Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

15 comments:

  1. Nice picks! These are all totally new to me reads!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with any of those characters. My first thought would be to trade places with Hermione Granger but she faced a lot of peril and I'm not sure I'd be up to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely you know the Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe characters?!

      Delete
  3. You definitely want an adventurous life, in books anyway. Ha! Me, I'd just like to visit Hogwarts. Of course, I'm still waiting for my owl invitation to arrive. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be very cool to switch places with Lucy and Edmund.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I'd like to be Edmund...he was so wicked in LW&W.

      Delete
  5. What a delightful post! I love your desire for action and adventure. I, on the other hand, have been ordered to slow down, thus I am looking for reads on how to be more introspective, serene, and complacent. LOL
    I did love all seven books of the Chronicles of Narnia as well as the biography of C.S. Lewis titled The Narnian. It was a scholarly read but gave me an appreciation of the man, his spiritual side, and his "group" at Oxford which included Toilken. I had first met him as a literary critic in graduate school, and his thoughts and criticisms of "classics" I often quoted in papers on those same classics I studied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think becoming more serene is a worthy goal. I'm working on that, too.

      Delete
  6. The last 2 sound very interesting. I would love to join the famous five!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be in the Magic Tree House books would be great fun. You get to have the adventure while knowing that by the end of each book you'll be back home and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting array of children's books. I'm always looking for new adventures, but some of these are a bit too "out there", even for me. ☺ The Treasure Island one would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My life is definitely dull. If I switched places with a book character, I’d want to go on a big adventure and see the world.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.