Tuesday, July 23, 2019

My Favorite Settings in Paris



Restaurants





Pastry shops





Bridges





Subways





Cooking school





Cheese factory





Rooftops





Paris during World War II





Paris in the 20's





The seamy side of Paris




Paris after dark




The Paris of our imaginations

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.


Please join the weekly meme at An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

Il est Juillet et il est temps pour le merveilleux Paris in July hosted by Thyme for Tea! (*It is July and it is time for the wonderful Paris in July!)

24 comments:

  1. Ooh nice twist on the topic!! I've never been to Paris, I wouldn't mind to some day if only because that's where Belle lived! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been there two times, but I hope to go again soon.

      Delete
  2. In other words, just about anywhere in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, Paris is full of places that would make lovely settings. Nice job.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way to answer the topic! I remember reading The Family Under the Bridge as a kid and feeling so bubbly after. And 1920s Paris is always so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why Family Under the Bridge isn't read more widely.

      Delete
  5. I adore Paris! I love your choice of setting for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely spin on the topic! My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this list of Paris books. Now I have a lot of new books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great selection of books! I love the view of rooftops from the Centre Pompidou museum dining room. You can see Notre Dame, Montmartre, Montparnasse, the Eiffel Tower, and more. But maybe it's not in a book. I'm with you in loving "Between Meals: An Appetite for Paris," and also I love "The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas."

    best ... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to read more set in Paris. Restaurants, bridges and rooftops (love that) are all evocative sounding locations, and nighttime Paris as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to see Paris from the rooftops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paris is on my bucket list and I think some of these are awesome like Pastry Shops, Subways, Gardens. The Cheese Factory and Cooking Studios sound too delicious to past.
    Thanks for stopping by The Phantom Paragrapher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice play of book titles and their prompts for association. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paris is a dream! The restaurants though. THE RESTAURANTS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post detailing Paris with books. Two of my favourite books I find here; All the light we cannot see and The Paris wife.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love reading books that are set in Paris so I'm just scrolling down your list nodding my head because these are all so perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your visiting my Top Ten Tuesday. What a great idea to put your favourite settings in Paris. I love that town.

    Did you know there is a tv series of Maigret with Rowan Atkinson?

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the Paris Wife as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Family Under the Bridge is such a special book. Have had The Paris Wife since I got it from you, but have yet to read it. Liked both The Nightengale and All the Light We Cannot See, but it took me three tries to read the latter. When I made the conclusion, I celebrated! I liked The Little Paris Bookstore and The Little Paris Cafe as well--purely escape reading, but very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, you present such engaging Paris in July posts! Love this one too.... Bridges, Subways, cooking schools - anything could inspire a Paris based story couldn't it..

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.