Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Books About Paris That Make Me Smile



Paris Sweets: Great Desserts from the City's Best Pastry Shops by Dorie Greenspan (cookbook)
Paris in Winter: An Illustrated Memoir by David Coggins (memoir)
The President's Hat by Antoine Laurain (fiction)
Crepes by Suzette by Monica Wellington (picture book)
F is for France: A Curious Cabinet of French Wonders by Piu Marie Eatwell (nonfiction)
750 Years in Paris by Vincent Mahe (nonfiction picture book)
A Breath of French Air by H. E. Bates (fiction)
Bon Appetit: The Delicious Life of Julia Child by Jessie Hartland (nonfiction picture book)
Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris by Paul Gallico (fiction)




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

27 comments:

  1. The thought of visiting Paris makes me smile. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/07/ttt-071420.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delightful. I've always wanted to pick up "Mrs. Harris..." and this is a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that Julia Child book looks amazing. I'm adding that to my list of books to give as gifts so I remember to pick it up for one of my nieces for Christmas. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love your animated Canva! I do love that app. As for the important part the books, I must check them out I’m beginning to add France to the list of countries I obsess over - currently Japan and all of Scandinavia!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on this week's topic! I had another Laurain on my list. I love the Julia Child cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to tell you this, Deb, but I think it's delightful that you spotlight Paris in your TTT posts so often. Thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs Harris goes to Paris! Wow!!!! I am such a big fan of Paul Gallico's work. Need to read one again. Love your spin "Books about Paris that makes me smile". One day I will go to Paris and I will think of you and your love for the city.

    Have a good week! Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crêpes by Suzette is making me hungry!!!

    Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the animated picture! I'm also not surprised that books about Paris make you smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That list seems to hit the high points about Paris. I'd love to have it as a text list so I could look up the books. Good choice for Bastille Day!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should add a text list. Sometimes pictures disappear.

      Delete
  11. I should really just start here with the books on your list. Every July I swear I am going to start and then I don't. Dang. Will I ever get to visit Paris for real? Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great week! Stay safely away from the coronavirus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should indeed. Maybe just one. Now is a good time to read about Paris.

      Delete
  12. Oh these look wonderful. A Breath of French Air- I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool graphic! Thinking about visiting France someday makes me smile.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My family was supposed to be in France this summer (along with Britain). I hope we can be there next summer. Great list as always. Here's my list if you care to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of those books, but I am loving seeing lists of books that make people happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, every single one of these books looks charming!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved The President's Hat. If the others are like that, I will go for them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a copy of Bon Appetit and have read it several times. I keep meaning to read The President's Hat, so I think I'll request it from my library.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The idea of Paris always brings me smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read any of these but a couple are now calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The covers alone are already making me smile, so I can imagine the stories themselves are wonderful as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aaaahhh Mrs. Arris! Memories...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read any of those. Need to add a few to my list :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.