Tuesday, July 28, 2020

In Paris, When the Pandemic Is Over...




...I shall have a big party. All the writers who lived in Paris or wrote about France are coming...along with a few artists...and objets d'art...

Here are a few photos from the celebration. Look carefully. Do you recognize anyone? Come on over to the party and join us. 

Santé!


Left to right: F. Scott Fitzgerald, Erasmus, the Mona Lisa, Victor Hugo, Albert Camus, Oscar Wilde, and The Thinker



Left to right: Richard Wright, Georges Seurat, Alexandre Dumas, Marcel Proust, Colette, Anatole France, and Julia Child



Left to right: Ernest Hemingway, Vincent Van Gogh, Gustave Flaubert, James Baldwin, Emile Zola, M.F.K. Fisher, Ezra Pound



Left to Right: Gertrude Stein, Laurent de Brunhoff, Charles Perrault, Ludwig Bemelmans, Moliere, Paul Gauguin, Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, James Joyce, Stendhal, Georges Simemon, Honore de Balzac, and Francois Rabelais.



Left to right: Claude Monet, Jules Verne, Mo Willems & Pigeon, Adam Gopnik, and A.J. Liebling.



Left to right: Paul Cezanne, Jean de la Fontaine, Pablo Picasso, John Baxter, Dali, Milan Kundera, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Henry James, Maira Kalman, George Orwell, Patrick Modiano, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Guy de Maupassant, The Boating Party, and Voltaire.




Left to right: Madeline, Henri de Toulouse Lautrec, Irene Nemirovsky, Gaston Leroux, Charles Baudelaire, George Sand, Henri Matisse, and The Little Prince.







Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

36 comments:

  1. Oh, you did a marvellous job with this post. What a wonderful party that would be.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun post! I would totally join this party and I'd sit at the first table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Your collages are superb. And that’s a great list of people who lived in Paris.

    Be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just waiting for EU restrictions on my country are lifted to come over to Paris. The plan has been there for years! and years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a party! I love how creative you were with the photos. Count me in to that party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine what it would be like to sit down with James Baldwin. This is such a creative idea!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a distinguished crowd you have here! I d wonder what the Mona Lisa would say (if anything) if we could talk to her. And I would love to talk to Hugo and Baldwin and Wilde and so many of these...for Hugo, I'd need a translator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm definitely there! Imagine we can do it for real. Your pictures are great! Well done!

    Here's my 10 reasons why reading and blogging is good for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea for your TTT.

    Can I come? ;)

    My TTT is about debut novels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This must have taken you ages! It's very clever and loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun. Fun. Fun. You always have such creative ideas! I want to go to Paris to see those guys, too.

    Have a good week.
    My Top Ten favorite books by month

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous topic you've picked for this week! It certainly looks like a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an amazing idea! thanks for the invitation. of course I´ll come and celebrate that the Pandemic is over. I long for it. and I very much want to sit at table four and listen to Gertrude Stein, Simone de Beauvoir, Stendhal, Balzac and Georges Simenon

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is quite the party!!! So clever. Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic party that would be! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! I’d love to attend, I definitely like to meet Orwell, they are all fabulous!,

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! This is fun. A. J. Liebling is the one I'd want ordering my dinner in Paris. I'd do it in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun! Such creative thinking on your part. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a party I want to crash! What a creative post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This party and guest seem pretty epic, can I join? :D

    Here's my TTT if you want to check it out https://readwithstefani.com/10-books-i-want-to-read-by-the-end-of-2020/ Have a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was such a fun idea, and I love the graphics you made! This seems like it would be one amazing fête!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like it is going to be a great party! 🎉 I particularly love Alexandre Dumas and Jules Verne. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a lovely party, thank you for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your party sounds really fun (and intimidating). It reminds me of the book I just stared, which is a murder mystery but all the characters are the surrealist painters of the 1940s (think Marcel Duchamp, Max Ernst, and others).

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your photos! This would be an interesting party for sure.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I enjoyed seeing how many writers I could identify. Lovely fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so fun! I would love to talk to Oscar Wilde at a party :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are great, love that you put Madeline in!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.