Saturday, September 24, 2022

Chicago: Wrigley Field...Birthday Celebration...Grilling and Swimming...and Deep Dish Chicago Pizza!

 









What I Read Last Week:

by Ed Yong (Nonfiction) πŸπŸπŸπŸπŸ

by Patrick Radden Keefe (Nonfiction) πŸπŸπŸπŸ


The link takes you to my full review.




What I'm Reading Now:

Villette by Charlotte Bronte (Chapter-a-Day)

Other Birds: A Novel by Sarah Addison Allen (Fiction)

How to Live: What the Rule of St. Benedict Teaches Us About Happiness, Meaning, and Community by Judith Valence (Happiness)

Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser (Chicago Classic)

Bake: My Best Ever Recipes for the Classics by Paul Hollywood






Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:






We spent four glorious days in Chicago with our son and daughter-in-law...What a fantastic time we had! We celebrated Lisa's birthday with her. I went to my first real, outdoor baseball game at Wrigley Field (more on that soon). We grilled outdoors and swam in the pool and played Aqua Uno. And we ate my favorite pizza in the whole world, deep dish Chicago pizza.








Good Thing #1
Lisa's birthday celebration!

Good Thing #2
Swimming in the pool!

Good Thing #3
Deep dish Chicago pizza!




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. That pizza is crazy! I've never seen anything like it!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/25/sunday-salon-22/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago sounds wonderful. Delighted a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.