Saturday, September 10, 2022

I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter and Crying in the Bathroom






 




What I Read Last Week:

The Last White Man by Mohsin Hamid
A Prayer for the Crown-Shy by Becky Chambers
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez




What I'm Reading Now:

Villette by Charlotte Bronte (Chapter-a-Day)
Uncommon Type: Some Stories by Tom Hanks (Book Club)
I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life by Ed Yong (Nonfiction)
Crying in the Bathroom: A Memoir by Erika L. Sánchez (Author Reading)
Fellowship Point by Alice Elliott Dark (Fiction)





Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:




Erika L. Sánchez will speak about her books, 
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter and Crying in the Bathroom, 
at Inprint Houston on Monday night.




It's the last weekend to apply for the Cybils...the deadline to apply is this Monday! If you enjoy reading and reviewing children's or young adult books, you might take a look at this post about one judge's experiences here, read about who we are looking for here, and perhaps you will apply to be a judge this year here.






Good Thing #1
Gasoline prices are finally coming down here.
Who would have ever thought I'd be happy to see gas for $2.89 a gallon?!




Good Thing #2
I have been thinking about it all summer,
and I finally bought an Apple Watch this week.




Good Thing #3
We are off to Chicago 
next Friday
to visit our son and his wife!




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.