Saturday, September 17, 2022

Chicago!







I don't think I heard anything about Covid this week in the news or from friends. 

It's the first time in a long time that I am really starting to stop worrying constantly about it.






I liked both my books this week a lot, but they weren't perfect reads. Fellowship Point was a beautiful story of two elderly friends, but it is a long book and I thought it tended to drag. Crying in the Bathroom was a poignant memoir of the author's struggles with sexism, racism, and depression, but I think people shouldn't write memoirs when they are young.




What I Read Last Week:

Crying in the Bathroom: A Memoir by Erika L. SΓ‘nchez πŸπŸπŸπŸ

Fellowship Point by Alice Elliott Dark πŸπŸπŸπŸ






What I'm Reading Now:

Villette by Charlotte Bronte (Chapter-a-Day)

I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life by Ed Yong (Nonfiction)

Other Birds: A Novel by Sarah Addison Allen (Fiction)

Rogues: True Stories of Grifters, Killers, Rebels, and Crooks 
by Patrick Radden Keefe (Nonfiction)

How to Live: What the Rule of St. Benedict Teaches Us About Happiness, Meaning, and Community by Judith Valence (Happiness)








Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:

The Sunday Salon: I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter and Crying in the Bathroom

Books with Geographical Terms in the Title that I Have Read and Loved

Author Mohsin Hamid and The Last White Man: Inprint Houston





I'm doing the Cybils Awards for the fifteenth year. Judges for the 2022 Cybils have now been chosen. I thank all of you who applied this year. And I hope all of you who love children's books and YA books will be thinking about nominating your favorite reads of the last year soon.














Good Thing #1, 2, and 3

We are visiting with our son and daughter-in-law in Chicago!







I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.