Saturday, April 8, 2023

The Sunday Salon: A 3-Novel Week

 

 






I tend to read (primarily) classic novels, nonfiction, and picture books, so a week in which I read three contemporary books of fiction is unusual for me. And all three were beautifully written and thoughtful. 

Don't worry. I'm back to nonfiction and classic novels this week!






What I Read Last Week 
(Click the link to see my thoughts about each.)

Foster by Claire Keegan (Novel)

The Last Karankawas by Kimberly Garza (Novel)

Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano (Novel)





What I'm Reading Now:

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck (Novel; Classics Club Spin)

Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the F.B.I. by David Grann (Nonfiction)









Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:










I read a great article this week in Publishers Weekly this week that says the Little Free Library organization plans to work with all communities in the US that lack easy access to books to install and maintain book-sharing boxes. Well done, Little Free Library! 

I am happy that four LFLs, including #30157 (photos above) and #31446, installed in two of the low-income areas of my town back in 2015 and 2016, are still being maintained and used.











Good Thing #1
My new writing class friends and I 
tried out another iconic Galveston eating spot this week,
The Mosquito Cafe.




Good Thing #2
Riding on the train recently 
reminded me of the old train trip 
my extended family took to Galveston
thirty years ago.
 



Good Thing #3
I ran across this photo from a few years ago
of my granddaughter, Annie,
dyeing eggs.
She loves hiding eggs and finding them.





I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.