Saturday, April 1, 2023

The Sunday Salon: On the Road Again!







 



We just got home from East Texas on Sunday and then off we went on Tuesday to the Round Top Antiques Fair. We can't seem to stay home. The wildflowers!




We listened to The Murder of Roger Ackroyd on our travels. It is my first Agatha Christie, and I chose it because others recommended it as one of her best. I now see what all the Agatha Christie fuss is about. I wonder if anyone has other Agatha Christie recommendations.

If you have any interest in the Titanic or disasters, you really must read The Night Lives On. It was first published in 1955, and the author notes that everything in the book---descriptions, conversations, events---is based on eyewitness accounts of what happens.

And, The Good Life...It could be a life-changer. The Good Life is based on over a longitudinal study of over eighty years to find out what factors lead to happiness. The answer is surprising. I shared lots of quotes from the book in my review, so you might check that out (below) to see if this might be a book for you. 



What I Read Last Week:

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (Mystery)

A Night to Remember by Walter Lord (Nonfiction)

The Good Life: Lessons from the World's Largest Scientific Study on Happiness by Robert Waldinger and Marc Schulz (Nonfiction; Happiness)




What I Am Reading Now:

Foster by Claire Keegan (Novel)

The Last Karankawas by Kimberly Garza (Novel)

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck (Novel; Classics Club Spin)







Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:









I like Falatko's occasional videos so much...










Good Thing #1
Wildflowers!


Good Thing #2
More wildflowers!

Good Thing #3
And we came home with a fourth chair 
from the antique fair
 for our new table.




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.