Wednesday, April 5, 2023

π: Texas Master Naturalists Celebrate Pi (Pie?) Night

Our Texas Master Naturalist group decided to celebrate Pi Day with a Pi (Pie?) Night.

There was to be a pi trivia contest, with prizes for the trivia winners, we were told, and pies were requested.

Master Naturalists went all out. 


Surprisingly, there was no duplication of pies. All my favorites were there. Lemon. Pecan. Cherry. Blueberry. Some were new to me, including a Snickers Pie.

I tried them all.


This one was beautiful. I wonder how this one was made. A stencil, maybe?

I'm a pie baker from a long line of pie bakers. I couldn't resist making a pie of my own.

Here's mine. Yes, I'm proud of it. Blueberry Pie. And the recipe is from this 1965 Farm Journal's Complete Pie Cookbook, though I chose to use my favorite butter crust since I didn't have the recommended lard for the recipe's crust.

And I can't resist sharing some other photos of my pies:


Do you like pie? Or pi?


Fun Facts about Pi are here, if you want to know more about pi.

Here are a few other pie posts from Readerbuzz's past, if you are less of a math person and more of an eating person:

       When Pies Fly: Handmade Pastries from Strudels to Stromboli, Empanadas to Knishes by Cathy Barrow

        Chicken Pot Slab Pie from Pie Squared: Irresistibly Easy Sweet & Savory Slab Pies by Cathy Barrow

        Pie Squared: Irresistibly Easy Sweet & Savory Slab Pies

        A Baking Frenzy

        Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life

        Baking a Blueberry Pie with Pâte Brisée

        

For more photos, link up at Wordless WednesdayComedy PlusMessymimi's MeanderingsKeith's RamblingsCreate With JoyWild Bird Wednesday, and My Corner of the World.


Wondrous Words Wednesday is a meme where you can share new words that you’ve encountered, or spotlight words you love or post about anything word-ish. It was first created by Kathy over at Bermuda Onion.

Weekend Cooking was created by Beth Fish Reads and is now hosted by Marg at The Intrepid Reader (and Baker). It is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.