Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Sunday Salon: At the Library Conference in Austin

 







I am in Austin at the Texas Library Association Conference. More when I return...





Nightcrawling: A Novel by Leila Mottley

I raced through this novel over the weekend in preparation for Leila Mottley's appearance at Inprint in Houston on Monday night. 

It was a grueling read ...more



Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck

Danny and his friends in Tortilla Flat spend their lives hanging out, telling stories, drinking wine, fighting, and spending time with women.

It's a simple story of
 simple...more






I don't know what I'm reading next. I haven't been able to do anything except speed-read through books in the last few weeks. 

I hope I find something fantastic at the library conference.






Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:








The Monday of National Library Week - April 24, 2023 - will mark one year since the launch of the Unite Against Book Bans campaign. To honor the occasion, the American Library Association is calling on readers, advocates, and library lovers to fight back against censorship in a national day of action to defend, protect, and celebrate your right to read freely, Right to Read Day.

On the same day, the ALA will release its list of the Top 10 Most Challenged Books of 2022. The list follows ALA's recent unveiling of data showing record-shattering attempts to remove books from school and public libraries, and it shows us what types of books are being challenged the most and why.

It's also a call to action.

Join us on #RightToReadDay and beyond by participating in the actions below to support your library and defend the freedom to read in your community.












Good Thing #1. 2, and 3

TLA Conference!






I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.