Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Riding the Rails in East Texas

 






We are traveling with friends on a train in East Texas this weekend. We're taking the four-hour Dogwood Lunch Train and then we'll spend the night in a cabin in the forest. Not sure if I'll have Internet, but I'll catch up with everyone as soon as I return.









Thank you to Mae who brought A Most Remarkable Creature to my attention, and thank you to Louise who told me about Phosphorescence. The best books always come my way from other bloggers. Keep those book recommendations coming, please.


What I Read Last Week:





What I Am Reading Now:

Foster by Claire Keegan (Novel)

The Last Karankawas by Kimberly Garza (Novel)

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck (Classics Club Spin)

The Good Life: Lessons from the World's Largest Scientific Study on Happiness by Robert Waldinger and Marc Schulz






Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:



March 20 was the International Day of Happiness. To celebrate, NPR sent out a call for photos of happiness. This is one that was sent in.



More photos are here.






Good Thing #1
It was a happy birthday for Wyatt.
It's always lovely to spend time with our grandchildren.




Good Thing #2
I met new friends from my writing class in Galveston 
 at Mario's Seawall Italian this week.
It's such a beautiful place, right on the water.




Good Thing #3

It's not every day that you are told you are "on fire,"
especially when you are twenty years older than everyone else in the class.






I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.