Saturday, March 11, 2023

The Sunday Salon: I Sense a Theme: Reading The Fun Habit and Awe and Joyful

 










What I Read Last Week:

by Dacher Keitner

by Ingrid Fetell Lee

by Mike Rucker

So...you decide. Want to change your life? Transform your life? Or create extraordinary happiness?

Then you can choose whether you want to study everyday wonder or look for the power of ordinary things or pursue joy and wonder. 

Or, like some of us, do all of these...

I am sensing that folks are feeling a little low in the world, and that authors are moving in to help us out.




What I'm (Still) Reading:

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Classic)

The Little Book of Lent: Daily Reflections from the World's Best Spiritual Writers (Spirituality)

A Thirsty Land: The Fight for Water in Texas by Seamus McGraw (Naturalist Book Club)

The Country Girls by Edna O'Brien (Classic)

A Country Year by Sue Hubbell (Nature Nonfiction)

George Eliot: The Last Victorian by Kathryn Hughes (Biography)






Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:








My sister and her husband and my husband and I are making our way through The Hobbit Trilogy and The Lord of the Rings (extended version) Trilogy during our Sunday afternoon movie and pizza time. 

Favorite moment so far...

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.








My first class at UTMB/OLLI this spring was a fantastic memoir and personal essay writing class. My second class will be a writing class in the style of Natalie Goldberg, and it starts in Galveston next week.









Good Thing #1

American Poet Laureate Ada Limón
at Inprint Houston
this week.
More on this in a future post...



Good Thing #2

I bought a single Blackwing Matte pencil 
in a bookstore in Montana last summer ($1.99),
and I wished ever since that I'd bought more.
Last week I broke down and bought a box of twelve.



Good Thing #3

This blue-eyed boy will turn four next week.
We are off to Big Sandy
to help Wyatt celebrate.





I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.