Friday, March 10, 2023

Now is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson


Today's Featured Book 

Now is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson

Genre: Fiction

Published: November 8, 2022

Page Count: 256 pages

Summary: 

An exuberant, bighearted novel about two teenage misfits who spectacularly collide one fateful summer, and the art they make that changes their lives forever. 





 


BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY is hosted by Rose City ReaderWhat book are you happy about reading this week? Please share the opening sentence (or so) on BOOK BEGINNINGS ON FRIDAY! Add the link to your blog or social media post and visit other blogs to see what others are reading.

Happy Friday and welcome to the FIRST LINE FRIDAY, hosted by Reading is My Superpower! It’s time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line.


'I answered the phone, and there was a woman's voice on the other end, a voice I didn't recognize...

"The edge is a shantytown filled with gold seekers," she said, her voice rising in pitch and I froze. I nearly dropped the phone. And together, in harmony, we both completed the phrase, "We are fugitives, and the law is skinny with hunger for us."'







THE FRIDAY 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. To play, open a book and turn to page 56 (or 56% on your e-reader). Find a sentence or two and post them, along with the book title and author. Then link up on Freda's Voice and visit others in the linky. 

'"The edge is a shantytown filled with gold seekers," I said, and Zeke said, "Oh, Frankie, I'm so sorry," and I said, "Shut up. The edge? The edge? It's a shantytown, okay? Just shut up for a second and breathe. The edge is a shantytown filled with gold seekers, and the law is skinny with hunger for us."

"Okay," he said, "okay."'





The purpose of THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, and befriend other bloggers. THE BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer   


March 10th - 16th -Do you listen to audiobooks with earbuds or headphones? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

No. I don't have earbuds. Or headphones. 

I wonder if I should get some.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.