Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Sunday Salon: The Poet X and How Not to Drown in a Glass of Water

 




I thank each of you for visiting the Sunday Salon, for leaving a comment, for linking a post up here. 

It's hard to believe that I've been hosting Sunday Salon for four years now. Thank you all so much.







I finished two excellent fiction reads this week. Click the links to go to my reviews.


What I Read Last Week:

The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevado (YA Fiction)
How Not to Drown in a Glass of Water by Angie Cruz (Fiction)




What I'm Reading Now:

The Count of Monte Cristo
 by Alexandre Dumas (Classic)
The Little Book of Lent: Daily Reflections from the World's Best Spiritual Writers (Spirituality)
A Thirsty Land: The Fight for Water in Texas by Seamus McGraw (Naturalist Book Club)
The Country Girls by Edna O'Brien (Classic)
A Country Year by Sue Hubbell (Nature Nonfiction)
George Eliot: The Last Victorian by Kathryn Hughes (Biography)







Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:

















Thank you, Tina, from Squirrel Head Manor, for putting me onto Unforgotten. Such a powerful, thoughtful series.









Good Thing #1

I was happy to discover eButterfly,
a mix of eBird and iNaturalist 
that focuses on butterflies.




Good Thing #2

I delighted in getting together 
with my Breakfast Mama friends this week.
Thirty years of friendship with these ladies.
So good to see everyone 
and talk and laugh and cry a little and celebrate.







Good Thing #3

It was wonderful to get to hear
author of The Barefoot Dreams of Petra Luna and
The Other Side of the River,
speak to a standing-room-only crowd
at the new bookstore in my town. 






I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.