Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Books I Was Super Excited to Get My Hands on but Still Haven’t Read


This is a sad tale. This is a stack of ten books I desperately wanted to read, yet for months, years sometimes, these are books that have never been placed on my bedside table.

I am saddened by Punching Bag and Warrior Girl Unearthed. I got both of these at the Texas Library Association Conference in April of 2023. Yes, over a year ago. I was delighted to get them and I couldn't wait to read them...but something has always gotten in the way of actually doing so.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many years The Eight, the Irene Némirovsky book, and the Marilynne Robinson book, Jack, have patiently waited in my stacks to read them. I need to read All Our Worldly Goods (just noticed the typo on the spine!) during Paris in July this year. 

I am (I AM! I REALLY AM!) planning to read French Windows and Clara Reads Proust during Paris in July. I have been saving these two for that event.

The Wishing Game and The Women made me rethink being in BOTM Club. I have ordered a book every month for years and many of these have gone unread.

I was so excited to find The Thursday Murder Club at a library sale. Yet have I read it? No, of course I have not. 

I am a sad, sad case. Please forgive me.



I beg you to share your own tales of woe.
That will comfort me.


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.