Saturday, May 4, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Whirlwind of a Week

     



Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 




Hi, everyone! I'm away this weekend celebrating at a wonderful couple's surprise 50th wedding anniversary party!

By the way, do you know what percentage of American marriages make it to fifty years? The answer at the bottom of this post.








Another whirlwind of a week. We celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of our longtime friends, Mac and Karen, last weekend...we volunteered at Migration Celebration at the San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge on Sunday...I went to a daylong writing retreat on Monday in Galveston...We collected books for our friend, Rae, on Tuesday...We volunteered at Spring Fling at Quintana Neotropical Bird Sanctuary on Wednesday...We are celebrating at a surprise 50th wedding anniversary party this weekend...We will return home Monday...














What I Read Last Week:

Heaven on Earth: 101 Happy Poems edited by Wendy Cope 
(Link takes you to my review)



What I'm Reading Now:

Somehow: Thoughts on Love by Anne Lamott (Happiness)

World of Pies by Karen Stolz (Novel)

Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis (Classics Club Spin)

The Best of Brevity: Twenty Years of Flash Nonfiction (Nonfiction)










Our friend, Emma of Words and Peace, is urging us to begin to pack our luggage for 
Paris in July 2024.






What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz








I'm finished with 3 of 10 challenges
Super Past Due Reviews, Creativity, and the Goodreads Challenge.







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:




Good Thing #1:

Who knew a Century Plant would be a huge attractor of birds?!
The plant bloomed at Quintana Neotropical Bird Sanctuary
 and orioles, hummingbirds, and 
Cape May Warblers flocked to it.




Good Thing #2:

I was in charge of nature tattoos at
Migration Celebration this year.



Good Thing #3:

Writing retreat in Galveston.



So what percentage of American marriages make it to fifty years? Just 6%!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.