Saturday, May 25, 2024

The Sunday Salon: A Week in Which I Read Seven of the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up

     



Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 








My blogging friend, Louise, from Australia first put me onto the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up more than fourteen years ago. I've been steadily plucking away at reading all the books on the list. I read seven more this week, and I might read a few more before the end of May. 

It's difficult to find copies of the books on the list that I have not read. Many of the remaining titles are not available in English, my preferred language, or Spanish or French or Italian, languages I can slowly make my way through, and many titles do not seem to be available at all to me here in the US. 

I have 217 of the 1001 books left to read. I made myself a list of the titles and authors of the books I have left to read here.






What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:








What I Read Last Week (All are from the 1001 Children's Books list):

Pit Pony by Joyce Barkhouse
Historias a Fernández by Ema Wolf (Spanish)
Friedrich by Hans Peter Richter
Minnow on the Say by Philippa Pearce 
Apoutsiak by Paul-Émile Victor (French)
My Girragundji by Meme McDonald
Switchers by Kate Thompson




What I'm Reading Now:

How the Mountains Grew by John Dvorak (Naturalist Book Group)
Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis (Novel)
The Complete Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino (Fiction)
The King of the Copper Mountains by Paul Biegel (1001 Children's Books)






I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:




Good Thing #1:

My dad's wife, Rosa,
celebrates her 95th birthday 
this week.
Doesn't she look amazing?!




Good Thing #2:

I saw my first owl!



Good Thing #3:

Wonderful Zola quote!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site. (Monday Mailbox is available if someone would like to take it on, btw.)

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.