Saturday, May 11, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Latte Literati; Butterfly Monitoring; and the New Bicycle Arrives

     





Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 





My daughter-in-law, Lisa, and son, Ben, planned a surprise anniversary party for Lisa's parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary, and we went to Chicago last weekend for the celebration. What a wonderful time we had! We got home from Chicago last Monday evening. Whew, I was tired! 

I plan to stick close to home from now until July, I think. My Zumba swim class starts mid-May, and I'll continue to meet with my writing group as well as taking a writing class this summer. Still, things should slow way, way down.

And because I was at home more this week, I managed to finish four books. I highly recommend Elmer Gantry to you if you haven't read it, and Anne Lamott's latest book is lovely and well worth reading.











What I Read Last Week (links take you to my review):





What I'm Reading Now:

World of Pies by Karen Stolz (Novel)

The Secret Lives of Booksellers and Librarians: True Stories of the Magic of Reading by James Patterson (Nonfiction)

The Patchwork Girl of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Children's Fantasy)











What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:







Emma of Words and Peace, has announced that she will again host Paris in July 2024. I'm starting to assemble my plans for the month.









Everyday Mindfulness with Jon Kabat-Zinn
Action for Happiness





Meaningful May 2024 - Action for Happiness









I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

We've agreed on a name for our writing group:
Latte Literati.
Now if we can come up with a design...





Good Thing #2:

We saw 86 butterflies from 13 different species
while doing butterfly monitoring this week.
This butterfly is a Fiery Skipper.





Good Thing #3:

My bicycle has arrived, and 
it's everything I hoped it would be.
I've now ridden it three days in a row
for a total of eleven miles.






Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.