Saturday, August 17, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Playing Reading Catch-Up

     





Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 




East Texas

I've been home a week, and I'm still dragging around. I don't know if it was the feeding and watering of the chickens and turkeys and rabbits and parakeets and horses or if it's the aftereffects of whatever virus (was it Covid at long last?) I had around the middle of July or if it's tiredness after the hurricane (the fence behind us belonging to the neighbors is still down and there are still blue roofs around town). Or if it's a bit of all three...

It *is* beautiful, though...






Since I read nothing over the ten days that I spent taking care of chickens and enjoying my grandchildren, it should not be surprising that I finished a couple of books this week, and that I began or continued to read on several more.


What I Read Last Week:

Writing on Empty by Natalie Goldberg
The Wedding People by Alison Espach
The Scarecrow of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr




What I'm Reading Now:

Madame Bovary (in French) by Gustave Flaubert (Classic)
North Woods by Daniel Mason (Fiction)
The Complete Poems by Wallace Stevens (Poetry)
Writers and Their Notebooks edited by Diana Raab (Writing)
Teaching a Stone to Talk by Annie Dillard (Nature)









I spent wayyy too much time looking at all these old READ posters, mostly created by the American Library Association. Oprah. Levar Burton. Jason Reynolds. I would love to own them all.




What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:

The Sunday Salon: Back from Chicken-sitting


I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

These gorgeous flowers were everywhere
at my son's house in East Texas. 
iNaturalist says they are Purple Passionflowers.



Good Thing #2:

The park where we do our butterfly monitoring 
has finally reopened after the hurricane,
so we counted butterflies for the first time in over a month.
The hurricane and the heat really did a number on the park.
Grand total of butterflies seen? Four.



Good Thing #3:

Coffee shakes at Star Drug Store in Galveston last week!
Something to beat the heat!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.