Saturday, August 3, 2024

The Sunday Salon: What I Did to Celebrate Paris in July This Year

     



Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 




Yes, as I mentioned last week, I am off to Big Sandy to chicken-sit. (You have to say that phrase very carefully.) These are two of the lovelies I am apparently going to be caring for; there are 198 more, I've been told. 

Chicken advice is welcomed. 









All good things must come to an end...


How I Celebrated Paris in July This Year...

Books (22)

Jackie and the Mona Lisa by Debbie Rovin Murphy (nonfiction picture book)
The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl (fiction)
Dakota Crumb and the Secret Bookshop by Jamie Michalak (fiction picture book)
How Science Saved the Eiffel Tower by Emma Bland Smith (nonfiction picture book)
French Windows by Antoine Laurain (fiction)
Let's Eat Paris by François-Régis Gaudry (nonfiction) 
Paris and Her Cathedrals by R. Howard Bloch (nonfiction)
Mastering the Art of French Murder by Colleen Cambridge (mystery)
Clara Reads Proust by Stéphane Carlier (fiction)
The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi (fantasy)
Joie: A Parisian's Guide to Celebrating the Good Life by Ajiri Aki (nonfiction)
Captain Fracasse by Théophile Gautier (fiction; 1001 Children's Books)
A Taste of Paris: A History of the Parisian Love Affair with Food by David Downie (nonfiction)
Germinal by Émile Zola (fiction)
Un peu de Paris by Sempé (cartoons)
Jacqueline in Paris by Ann Mah (adult fiction)
The Stolen Child by Ann Hood (adult fiction)
Mesmerized: How Ben Franklin Solved a Mystery that Baffled All of France by Mara Rockliff (nonfiction picture book)
Coco Chanel: Little People, Big Dreams by Isabel Sánchez-Vegara (nonfiction picture book)
The Last Giants by François Place (picture book; 1001 Children's Books)
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (fiction)
À la Mère de Famille: Recipes from the Beloved Parisian Confectioner by Julien Merceron (cookbook)

Movies (2)


Germinal (1993)


Cooking (1)

Cheese Omelet


Music (1)



Days of Language Learning (31)

Duolingo French


Zoom Meetup (1)


Blog Posts (20)












I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things I shall take along with me as I chicken-sit:


Good Thing #1


Good Thing #2


Good Thing #3




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.