Saturday, June 29, 2024

The Sunday Salon: It's Almost Time for Paris in July!

     


Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon!

What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 








What I Read Last Week:

How the Mountains Grew by John Dvorak (Naturalist Group Book Club)

The Rom-Commers by Katherine Center (Romance)







What I'm Reading Now:

Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens (1000 Books)

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (in French for Paris in July)

Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz (Mystery; Book Club)









What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:










What are my plans for Paris in July this year?

My number one goal is to read Madame Bovary in French. 

I have a dozen other Paris-ish books on hand from my list.

I will continue to practice my French on Duolingo.

Do you have any plans for Paris in July?












20 Books of Summer: 9 / 20 books completed
Big Books of Summer: 2 books completed





I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

Up close and personal
with mantises
at our Texas Master Naturalist
Advanced Training Day: Insects.




Good Thing #2:

Paris in July starts!
for more information.





Good Thing #3:

I was feeling low after the Thursday night debate,
but a friend asked me to go in search
of a Great Kiskadee
that had been sighted in a neighboring town.
We were delighted to 
find and photograph the bird.
The consolations of nature.





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.