Saturday, June 1, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Baby Birds in My Sycamore Tree

     



Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the 
Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 







Summer is here, and this was a week of long hot days of swimming, bicycling, yoga, a museum outing, my writing group in Galveston, and baby Pileated Woodpeckers in my sycamore tree (see photo below). And, of course, reading!








What I Read Last Week (Links take you to my review):

Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis (Novel)
The Complete Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino (Fiction)
The King of the Copper Mountains by Paul Biegel (1001 Children's Books)




What I'm Reading Now:

How the Mountains Grew by John Dvorak (Naturalist Book Group)
The Road to Character by David Brooks (Nonfiction)
James by Percival Everett (Literary Fiction)







Updated as of the end of May









The summer challenges begin!






I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:




Good Thing #1:

Look what appeared in our sycamore tree!
Yes, two Pileated Woodpecker chicks.




Good Thing #2:

Hurray for Aqua Zumba.



Good Thing #3:

I've been doing Duolingo 
daily for a full year.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.