Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Best Beach Bag Books




If I look very, very hard to the south this morning, I think I can see a little shimmer of beach. Six more days of school and then a whole summer to breathe and try to regain my Happiness Mojo.

If you are even half as exhausted as I feel today, then this is the list for you: Best Beach Bag Books.  No Things-They-Carried or (heaven help us!) War-and-Peace titles on this list. Delicious. Refreshing. Soothing.

If you are like me, you know about Fannie Flagg and Alexander McCall Smith and Janet Evanovich and the Mitford books of Jan Karon. Here are some that are equally gentle. You won't find these on the front shelves of B&N, but they all have the lulling scent of summer.

See what you think.




Elsewhere in the Land of Parrots
Bet Your Bottom Dollar


The Egg and I


Stillmeadow Sampler


Birdbaths and Paper Cranes
She Taught Me to Eat Artichokes


Cynthia Rylant's Van Gogh Café



Blue Jelly: Love Lost & the Lessons of Canning
Blue Jelly: Love Lost and the Lessons of Canning


The Enchanted April


World of Pies


I bet you have some wonderful gentle beach bag book recommendations for me. I hope you will share them.



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

10 comments:

  1. Nice picks, all of these look a little different and intriguing!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think i've read any of these books but i'm definitely going to check them out!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the best lists! Week after week! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birdbaths And Paper Cranes is one of my favorite books. I've read it at least three times - maybe more....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL of these look fantastic...you've added to my TBR list by 9. I've read World of Pies, and I did thoroughly enjoy it. Plus, there are recipes...pie recipes, if I remember correctly. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I've never heard of most of these books, though I love the cover of The Enchanted April.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making lists each Tuesday is one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure it was you, Linda, who recommended it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of any of the books on your list before now, but World of Pies sounds like a great read! I love historical fiction, although I don't feel like I read enough of it. That one looks really cool, though :) I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.