Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Armchair Foodie Travel Books

Could anything be better than armchair travel books?
Well, how about armchair foodie travel books?!


Here's a list of some of my favorites from that genre:


On Rue Tatin: Living and Cooking in a French Town



Spain: A Culinary Road Trip



The Perfect Meal: In Search of the Lost Tastes of France



American Pie: 
Slices of Life (and Pie) from America's Back Roads



Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: 
A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China



Fried Eggs with Chopsticks



McCarthy's Bar: 
A Journey of Discovery in Ireland



Untangling Chopsticks: 
A Culinary Sojourn in Kyoto



Stolen Figs and Other Adventures in Calabria



Two for the Road: 
Our Love Affair with American Food



The Spice Necklace: 
A Food Lover's Caribbean Adventure
Have you read any of these? Can you think of others I should add to this list?



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
SaveSave

19 comments:

  1. All new to me... can't wait to explore these titles further!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are not really my kind of reads, but I love the topic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! I've never read anything like this so thanks for the suggestions!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love foodie books and I love travel books! Currently American Pie is the only one I own but all of these are on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to explore the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my favorite way to explore the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Armchair travel books any kind are wonderful! Thank you for a great list! As I´m specially interested in Japan and am visiting Kyoto in November I´ll try to get hold of Untangling chopsticks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read On Rue Tatin and loved it! The others look enticing. I need to add some of them to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this topic! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The American Pie one really caught my eye. I've always wanted to wander around the state and outward to do this kind of book or blog or series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting list! I had no idea that Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali had collaborated, that's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative list! I usually prefer foodie fiction over nonfiction. I did read some of the chapters in Lonely Planet's A Fork in the Road and thought it was pretty interesting. There are some very adventurous eaters out there but I would not be one of them. Especially the part about eating casu marzu. No thanks! I'd check out some of the books on your list particularly On Rue Tatin or American Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad that you included these as a part of your "Ask the Expert' post. As crazy as it seems, not that I have a more serious interest in nonfiction based blogs, I didn't know that foodie fiction was actually a thing. Now that I know, I am quite intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.