Monday, March 10, 2014

It's Monday! It's Spring Break!


                 



It's Monday! It's Spring Break!


     Please excuse the exclamation points and the bold print, but it is my first day of Spring Break and I'm quite happy. I've been stockpiling books for this occasion and I think it is time to dive in and read. What have I saved for this week? Here's what I've got on my bedside table:

                          *The Divorce Papers (review book from Random House)
                          *When I Was Puerto Rican (the book I'll be passing out on World Book Night)
                          *Cuando era Puertorriquena (World Book Night book in Spanish)
                          *Gilead (book group selection for later this month; a reread)
                          *Black Lake by Johanna Lane (review book from Little, Brown)
                          *Emil and the Detectives (book group selection for March)
                          *Family Life by Akhil Sharma (review book from Norton)
                          *The Shelf by Phyllis Rose (review book from Farrar, Straus and Giroux
                          *Trying Not to Try by Edward Slingerland (review book from Random House)

     Could I be any happier? 

   

            
UPDATE:  Well, it turns out that I CAN be happier.
I was just notified that I won a copy of
Off the Beaten Page: The Best Trips for Lit Lovers, Book Clubs, and Girls on Getaways!
Doesn't that sound wonderful? No better way to beat the winter-y blues than by planning a book trip!








What are you reading today?!




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 

16 comments:

  1. What a great group of books! Enjoy your spring break!

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/03/weekly-book-recap-57.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a stack of books to read. Hope you enjoy each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will. I think I will get started right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your free time! You got some interesting books there so the reading must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to reading reviews from the Divorce Papers tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only just started DP, but it's quite compelling from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen The Divorce Papers about a bit today on other It's Monday posts. It'll be interesting to see everyone's thoughts.
    Don't you love it when you know you've got a time period in which to dive straight in to some great reads. Enjoy!
    Happy Reading!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time seeing these, I hope you enjoy them though!

    Check out what we are reading this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all those empty squares on the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so excited for your win !
    I think it sounds fantastic - as do so many of your week's lineup =)
    EnJoy your entire break !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your books and your days off. I envy you the extra reading time. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eager for your reviews on these new books!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spring break and lots of books go together very well! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for spring break! My kids' spring break is next week and my break is next MONTH! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on The Divorce Papers and Black Lake. Both are in my reading stack. Happy spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My spring break is a month away, but I know I'll have a stack of books calling my name! The Shelf looks great. I just added it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.