Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Books That Would Be on My Syllabus if I Taught Happiness 101


Books That Would Be on My Syllabus 

if I Taught Happiness 101



Flow


The How of Happiness



Happiness: Lessons from a New Science



The Myths of Happiness



Be Happy. 



The Happiness Project


The 100 Secrets of Happy People



Exuberance: The Passion for Life



Thanks!



How to Train a Wild Elephant



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

23 comments:

  1. Happiness is a class I would take! That reading list looks fun, and I'm curious about Flow. I had to go take a look. Several of these look good, actually- and I imagine after this class one would be happier, how could you not?

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd be a great happiness teacher- I didn't realise that there were quite so many happiness books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Happiness Project. I read another good one on the happiest countries on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read The Happiness Project but I am very curious about how to train a wild elephant. I think a happiness class would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea!! The Happiness Project sounds like a really interesting book - adding to my TBR list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea for a class! I read and really enjoyed The Happiness Project but the others are new to me. Adding them to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific list. I am also so impressed you've read 10 books on happiness. I think I will try to read one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great topic - I'd take Happiness 101!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of The Happiness Project too but not the others. I think this would be a wonderful class to take.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great class idea! I'd join a class focusing on happiness for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea that you can teach happiness. I'd take this class!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list, love the topic :) (if only there was a course of happiness xD)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great take on this topic! And I have not read a single one of those books. I've heard of several of them. So, where do we sign up for your happiness course, Deb? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be a great course, I could do with an injection of happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your topic choice! I have to check out these books! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an interesting list and I would have Flow at the top of my personal list. I'm not sure if I could come up with ten, but I would include Jonathan Haidt's The Happiness Hypothesis as one for its considerations of the nature of happiness.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.