Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Tech of a Week! The Technology Conference in Austin*





What are you reading today?!



What is the Sunday SalonImagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them,and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. Click here to join the Salon.

The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and recap the past week.

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share books that we found in our mailboxes last week.  It is now being hosted here.

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which you can share the books you've acquired.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Date loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 

29 comments:

  1. So is this conference this coming week or was it last week? Imagine - a tech conference in Austin. LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was last week. Yes. I wonder who decided to have Austin as the host city for a tech conference. LOL

      Delete
  2. I got Humans of New York for Christmas, but haven't spent much time with it yet -- looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love learning about new technology!Smore looks really interesting. It's amazing some of the technology available in our libraries these days. I have a great library where I live and I just told my husband this week, when we move South, we have to make sure there's a good library! Especially since if I retire I'll be using a library more to feed my reading habit!

    As for books... I have The Passenger on my TBR list and I love Giada's cookbooks! Enjoy them! Looks like a great reading week for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you move south, I urge you to make sure there is a good library nearby. My South can be pretty non-literary. Sadly.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been to Texas since my childhood, but when my granddaughter Fiona and her mom moved there, I had plans to visit. But then they were back in three months...hmm.

    I love the idea of Texas on the coast...is that Houston?

    The conference sounds so good...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have The Passenger, too, and hope to start reading it soon!

      Delete
  5. I love Humans of New York. It's fantastic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I confess when it comes to high technology my eyes tend to roll to the back of my head. I just figure things out when something new comes along. I can't keep up. Hope you are having fun, though. My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week I'm reading the comic series, Lumberjanes. I hope you have some interesting reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to latch on to My Brilliant Friend and H is for Hawk. Hasn't happened yet, but it's early going with both.

      Delete
  8. I haven't seen any of these before, but they all have me intrigued! Time to dig around on Goodreads. :)

    My It's Monday! Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm working my way through What Maisie Knew by Henry James for a readalong. I see My Brilliant Friend in your sidebar... will be curious to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I was doing a read along with My Brilliant Friend. I'd love to discuss as I read.

      Delete
  10. The tech conference sounds like fun, maybe not for a technophobe though! Some great books there, looking forward to seeing what you think of The Passenger as I have that on my library hold list.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Passenger same day, so that probably says something.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had good time at the conference. Theroux's Deep South book sure seems thought-provoking. I want to check it out too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like I wanted to defend my South, but his thoughts were solid, really.

      Delete
  12. Oh the Tech conference sounds fantastic. Used to really love them when I was teaching. Miss them now, no doubt way behind now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've been in three years, so I definitely was playing catch up.

      Delete
  13. I bet The Humans Of New York books are great. What a fascinating insight into people's minds and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always jealous of all the conferences you get to go to. I work at a small town library but I'm not the director so don't get to go anywhere :( BUT hey at least, I get to live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an interesting conference. The books look good too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a pretty fantastic week! Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.