Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Historical Settings in Books that I Love

Nazi Times





The Dust Bowl



American West



Old Japan



Old France



The Placid Fifties of My Childhood



New York



Old England




Old North Africa



Galveston during the 1900 Storm



Titanic



Black Plague Times



Old Australia



World War I



Old Vietnam



Old Canada


Old China


Old India










Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

20 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lotta picks! Lol! I'm not much of a history buff, but nice picks!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, everywhere really? Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fantastic list! You read widely - both in location and time period. I'm fascinated by books set in the World War 2 era and especially those set on the home front. New York is such a fantastic setting as well and I love anything about the Titanic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept thinking of more and more historical periods I love.

      Delete
  4. Love the way you listed out your selections for this week! Japan is another one of my favourite historical settings, there's just so much history and culture to that country.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful selection of historical settings, for which I don't really read enough of, so no TTT list for me this week. I do enjoy books set in Victorian time's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing selection of books. I'm likely to spend quite some time looking these up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried commenting numerous times on the blog, but unsuccessfully. Anyway, just wanted to say I LOVE this list and plan to review in-depth. I want to make list of books to read while recuperating :) From Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Galveston during the 1900 storm - Yes!!! I wish there were more books about that time period. I read one that I think was a YA book a number of years ago and can't think of it now. It was very good. And I also love Dust Bowl books. You could also add 'Texas, a long time ago', 'Austin, pretty much anytime', Victorian England, 1920's, 1960's and 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great list! And great books! I'm going to have to think of what are my favorite historical settings and the books that represent them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you put a lot of thought into this post and have read a ton of books from different time periods!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a terrific list!! Very nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a pretty extensive list of different historical settings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great list, indeed. I haven't read most of them but I'm intrigued..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice list. I'm trying to see the Old Canada titles. Is that Anne of Green Gables?

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.