Saturday, October 7, 2017

Empanadas

I wanted to be sophisticated.

I was fifteen.

I wanted to cook up something fabulous.

I tried making empanadas. I fried them in a greasy skillet. My mom banned me from ever using her kitchen again.

I didn't give up. I tried again when I had my own kitchen.







    

Now I need to try fruit empanadas, I think.




For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy ReadsTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at West Metro Mommy Reads.

Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.





14 comments:

  1. The old OLD Sunset Mexican cookbook had a recipe very similar to that. I hadn't thought about it in years, but I do love picadillo.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love empanadas, and yours look especially delicious. Lucky for me, I have a daughter-in-law who's an excellent cook and makes yummy empanadas (and arepas, too). After seeing your photos, I'm in the mood for Mexican food.
    My Saturday Snapshot post features a hike along the Pratt River Connector Trail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a well loved recipe and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it look so easy! I've never attempted to make them-

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it look easy. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! Glad you revisited empanadas in your adulthood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Empanadas are very satisfying to make, and perfect receptacles for left-over stew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look so pretty!! and i definitely should try fruit empanadas out too.. my DD loves cooking with me

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look delicious. Long since I tried making one.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Empanadas? Never heard or seen before. Wanna taste!
    I know only the Russian Pelmeni, a little similiar (?)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelmeni
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look like our pasties only filled with a different ingredient. How do they tast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every culture has a version of these. They are yummy, with a tangy flavor.

      Delete
  12. Never quit! that's the moral! Glad that u tried it when u had your own kitchen :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.