Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Wine Tour in Tuscany, on Bicycles

"It's a Level Two bike ride," my sister told me when we were first talking about booking a wine tour on bikes in Tuscany. 

"We can probably do that," I told her.



And then I saw the bike. The bike fell over when I was trying to lift the kickstand. I put the helmet on backwards. Not an auspicious start.




Up hills. Down hills. Beautiful overlooks. Tuscany. A magnificent day.



And the wine. Oh my. The wine. Lots of stops for wine.



We saw some beautiful wine cellars. 



We had time to visit a church or two.



One fine sommelier taught me quite a bit about wine. Of course I had a lot to learn.



Look at the view from one overlook.




Yes, I was last in line. Yes, I might have been several miles behind the others. Yes, I barely made it up the last hill. But I did make it, and I did finish, and it was glorious. What a wonderful day, on a wine tour, in Tuscany, on bicycles.




For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy ReadsTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky at West Metro Mommy Reads.


17 comments:

  1. Kick stand on a bike? waste if time. Now what state were you in when you finished, wobbling all over the road because no doubt that is how I would have been

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't drink anything at the last stop. Too much wine.

      Delete
  2. That was a wonderful tour for you. Great series of pics.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a wine tour of Sancerre and loved getting to know the local winemakers (and, of course, sampling the wine). I, however, went by private coach. I commend you for persevering through the hilly countryside on a bike! Although I know the landscape you experienced was well worth that extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like a good work and an lovely place...I also play wordless wednesday.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Thanks for the beautiful photos so i can vicariously join you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful. But the more wine you drink, the harder the biking, I'm sure. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a prerfect holiday.
    Greetings from Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful and the pics are gorgeous. But wine and bikes?? I fear I'd be putting more than my helmet on back to front... ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tuscany is gorgeous. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That sounds like a GREAT tour!
    Thanks for sharing!

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos! I'd love to do this, but I think I'd like to use an electric bike, just for the hills, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow, what an adventure! I can't remember the last time I rode a bike...other than my exercise bike.

    Beautiful shots and what fun you had! Thanks for sharing, and here are MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOTS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm envious... although I'm not sure I'd be able to operate a bicycle after all that wine tasting! A bike tour of Tuscany sounds heavenly. Something to add to my bucket list.
    My Saturday Snapshot post features a hike at Tipsoo Lake and Skookum Flats.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.