Thank you all for your cough remedies. I'm sure the person who put my grocery order together at Kroger this week is wondering about the cayenne pepper and honey and licorice and Vicks VapoRub and apple cider vinegar and ginger and garlic and lemon juice and Epsom salts and turmeric and tea and hot chocolate and elderberry supplements and hot chocolate and probiotics and Cold-Eaze and milk and zinc and Vitamin C on my list!
But my cough is fading. I'm only coughing a few hundred times a day now.
I finished a book of poetry, a novel, a nonfiction book about the flu, a moving-and-starting over memoir, and a book about animals. The reviews for each are below:
The Emergency Poet collected by Deborah Alma
Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout
My Twenty-Five Years in Provence by Peter Mayle
How to Be a Good Creature: A Memoir in Thirteen Animals by Sy Montgomery
I'm still reading War and Peace (a chapter a day) along with Mary Oliver's Devotions and a reread of 1,000 Books to Read Before You Die.
I read for only a short time during Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon, and I did not get around to doing the spin for the Classics Club. Blame it on the cough.
1. We spent four days doing the City Nature Challenge last week. It felt great to get outside and take photos of animals and plants we were able to find in the world. I found 198 different plants and animals. Do you see the baby turtle in the photo?
2. We ate five things from our garden this week in this meal: cherry tomatoes and basil (pasta sauce), kale (salad), green beans, and Brussels sprouts.
3. Our public library is opening for curbside service next week.
I'm very happy you found your way to the Sunday Salon. There are no real requirements to linking up at Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is simply a place for us to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. Sunday Salon is a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there.
Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:
- What was your week like?
- Read any good books? Tell us about them.
- What other bookish things did you do?
- What else is going on in your life?
Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.
My linkup for Sunday Salon is below.