Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Books On My Summer 2021 TBR

I've managed to find a number of books at my library from the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read list. I have 285 273 left to read. I'm planning to read as many of these as I can before the end of the summer. None of these are known to me. Do you recognize any of these books? What do you recommend?

Rowan of Rin by Emily Ronda 

Swords of Quentaris by Paul Collins

Postcards from No Man’s Land by Aidan Chambers 

Knight’s Fee by Rosemary Sutcliff 

Clockwork by Philip Pullman 

Monster Blood Tattoo by C. M. Cornish

The Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price

Nausicaä by Hayao Miyazaki 

Coram Boy by Jamila Gavin 

River Boy by Tim Bower 

The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge 

The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen 

The Wind Singer by William Nicholson

La vache orange by Nathan Hale (French)

Marlaguette by Marie Colmont (French) 

The Wool-Pack by Cynthia Harnett 

Time of Trial by Hester Burton

Grover by Vera Cleaver 

No Way of Telling by Emma Smith

The Friends by Rosa Guy 

Thunder and Lightnings by Jan Mark 

The Sentinels by Peter Carter 

Handles by Jan Mark

Brother in the Land by Robert Swindells

Alex by Tessa Duder 

Redwork by Michael Bedard

The Far-Distant Onus by Katharine Hull

How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes

A Traveller in Time by Alison Uttley

Jennings and Darbishire by Anthony Buckeridge

The Wind on the Moon by Eric Linklater

Winter in Wartime by Jan Terlouw

I’m King of the Castle by Susan Hill

Friedrich by Hans Peter Richter)

The Edge of the Cloud by K. M. Peyton




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

19 comments:

  1. Miyazaki caught my eye- I saw Nausicaä ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think I’ve read any of these books. I hope they’re good!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-summer-2021-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read any of these, though a few look familiar!

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a list! I hope you find some new favorites in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm fairly certain that I've read The Devil's Arithmetic. When I was volunteering at my daughter's elementary school library in the 90's, that wonderful librarian put a number of books into my hands and 'ordered' me to read them. Ha! Based on the publication date, I bet this was one of them. I also think I might have read Witch Child, but maybe I've just shelved it at lot at the public library. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of those but I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can not stick to the number ten. 😉
    However, this week I did.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with that list. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A traveller in time, the far-distant oxus, any Rosemary Sutcliffe are the ones I would go for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these. I'd read the Alison Uttley book as I loved The Country Child when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't recognize any of those. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been curious about The Little White Horse - I think it was a childhood fave of JK Rowling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are doing so well on your 1001 list and I love that you are getting most of them from your local library.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed THE DEVIL'S ARITHMETIC, but that's the only one I've heard of from your list. I'll be interested to see what you think of them all.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is quite the list! I hope you'll have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you love them all! I read Postcards From No Man’s Land a long time ago. I barely remember it, so it must not have left a big impression on me. I guess that’s a good thing. If I hated it, I’d definitely remember!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No doubt you are going to enjoy making progress on your reading project! I love that the list also includes some books in translation.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.