Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Most Anticipated Books of the Second Half of 2021



NOVELS

Bewilderment by Richard Powers

Second First Impressions by Sally Thorne

The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary

Tales from the Cafe by Toshikazu Kawaguchi

Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead

Everyone Dies Famous in a Small Town by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock

Early Morning Riser by Katherine Heiny


NONFICTION

The Fox & I: An Uncommon Friendship by Catherine Raven

The Plague Year by Lawrence Wright

The Nature of Oaks: The Rich Ecology of Our Most Essential Native Trees by Doug Tallamy

Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach

Crying in H Mart: A Memoir by Michelle Zauner


KIDS

The Museum of Everything by Lynne Rae Perkins

Memory Jars by Vera Brosgol

Fatima's Great Outdoors by Ambreen Tariq



Have you read any of these?

Do you have any other recommendations for me?



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

22 comments:

  1. Nice picks! All new to me ones but hope you enjoy them all this year!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone Dies Famous in a Small Town sure sounds good!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-most-anticipated-books-of-the-second-half-of-2021/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone Dies Famous in a Small Town was really well done, I liked how the stories slowly became interconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting assortment here. Bewilderment by Powers sounds good and I do want to read Malibu Rising as well. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a one but they look very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you love them all! Fuzz made my list. I’ll have to check out the plague book. I can’t resist a good plague. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing Malibu Rising on a bunch of lists so I hope it's a good one. And, my dad is currently reading Plague Year so I'll have to see what he thinks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do want to read Malibu Rising at some point!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm anticipating several of your fiction picks, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice picks Deb. I have a few of the fiction picks on my TBR already. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Fox & I and Malibu Rising. So many good ones coming. How can we get them all read??? I need some magic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of most of these. I am looking forward to MALIBU RISING since I'm always up for a thriller. Enjoy all these!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these yet, but I do have several of them on my TBR wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like to read all of the books on the left side of the picture!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Second First Impressions, Road Trip, and Great Circle on my TBR!

    I hope you enjoy your reads when you can read them.

    Here's my post: https://readbakecreate.com/?p=441

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww... Bewilderment is on my list too!
    These are the books I am most excited about reading in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Malibu Rising and The Fox and I are on my list, too. Though I'm not super committed to reading any books on my list. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list. Everyone Dies Famous in a Small Town sounds good. Love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list of upcoming books! I definitely want to read the sequel to Before the Coffee Gets Cold and maybe even the Maggie Shipstead book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my Advanced writing students just finished Crying in H Mart. She loved it, but said it made her cry and prompted her to call her mother "just to say hi".

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't visited Paris in 50 years - when I was a senior in high school on a ski trip!!! I should do the challenge. For you second half of 2021 books, I'd like to try Malibu Rising (I have a copy) Fox and I and Bewilderment.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.