Saturday, January 15, 2022

I Spend a Week in Cloud Cuckoo Land

 





This was a week of reading Cloud Cuckoo Land. How many people recommended this book to me? I can think of at least four of you, and I must thank you all. The first weeks of the year and I may have already read the best book of the year.






Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr (Fiction)

The People Awards (Children's Nonfiction)
Piranesi by Susannah Clark (Fiction)

Oranges by John McPhee (Classic Nonfiction)




Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants 
by Robin Wall Kimmerer (Naturalist Book Club)
Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (Narniathon)
The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton (Classics Club)
The Diary of Samuel Pepys (Book Club)
In Other Words: An Illustrated Miscellany of the World's Most Intriguing Words and Phrases by Christopher J. Moore





Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:








Good Thing #1

All Creatures Great and Small is back for Season 2.



Good Thing #2

I may have gotten a little carried away with
baking homemade granola.



Good Thing #3

One of my favorite things we do each week is 
to eat pizza and watch a movie
with my sister and her husband.
After we watched eleven Star Wars movies, 
my sister chose Sense & Sensibility,
and I followed with Pride & Prejudice.
We seem to be moving into a Jane Austen movies phase.




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 


1 comment:

  1. Favorite book of the year already? High praise indeed. I've never even gotten my hands on All the Light We Cannot See.

    I see you're reading the Diary of Samuel Pepys. I've been a bit curious about it since high school. We had to read one book each month of our choosing from a long list and two girls read Pepys. I still remember how they laughed about his gossip and brutal honesty!

    What a nice weekly double date you have! We re-watched all the Star Wars movies early in the pandemic. Since then we've very slowly been re-watching all the Marvel movies in order. I should have gotten in a palate cleanser like Jane Austen. My husband doesn't mind watching "chick flicks" so it would have been fine.

    We're excited about season 2 of All Creatures as well.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.