Saturday, January 22, 2022

Three New Butterflies and Oh William!

 




The omicron variant has (we hope) peaked here, and the numbers of cases in my town are down by almost half. We are spending our time doing volunteer work outdoors for our naturalist group, and, happily, I spotted three new butterflies. I got in a good bit of reading, too, including the spectacular Oh William!






What I'm Reading:

Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants 
by Robin Wall Kimmerer (Naturalist Book Club)
Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (Narniathon)
The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton (Classics Club)
How Do You Live? by Genzaburo Yoshino (Japanese Literature Challenge)
Gastro Obscura: A Food Adventurer's Guide (Nonfiction)




What I Read:


Twenty-one Truths about Love by Matthew Dicks (Fiction)
The Library by Bella Osborne (Fiction)



Don't Overthink It by Anne Bogel (Nonfiction)
The Diary of Samuel Pepys (Classic; nonfiction)
Oh William! by Elizabeth Strout (Fiction)






Note: Links take you to reviews of the books.




Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:






My challenges are coming along...well, except the Back to the Classics...I guess I need to focus on it soon.










Good Thing #1
New butterfly: Red-banded Hairstreak



Good Thing #2
New butterfly: Painted Lady



Good Thing #3
New butterfly: White-checkered Skipper




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

2 comments:

  1. I’m impressed on the head start you have with your challenges!
    I would have thought it would be too cold for butterflies yet.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your butterflies but especially the Red-banded Hairstreak. I've never seen one like that before.

    Omicron is still spreading wildly around here. I'm glad your area has peaked already.

    I own Atlas Obscura and brought it with us on our travels. They share Instagram posts from Gastro Obscura frequently. I'm not a foodie but my husband would be interested in that version.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.