Saturday, July 23, 2022

3 More French-ish Books...New Floors...My Duck Doesn't Win...and Family is Everything

 




Hi, everyone! I hope you all had a good week. We spent a fabulous weekend with our sons and their families plus all of our extended family who came to visit them. And all that just the day after we put our house back together from the mess that came with a new flooring install. Whew!

We'd love to have you join us at Sunday Salon. Add your link below, and visit a few or some or all of your fellow Saloners. I always put up the post at midnight early on Saturday morning and I leave it up until at least Monday night. There are no real rules...it's just an opportunity to see what others are reading and doing in our part of the blogosphere. We hope you will join in!




I finished three more French-ish books this week.





I'd love to finish all of these before the end of Paris in July.


Nana by Émile Zola

Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The Anomaly: A Novel by Hervé Le Tellier

Sprinting Through No Man's Land: Enducrance, Tragedy, and Rebirth in the 1919 Tour de France by Adin Dobkin

Flirting with French: How a Language Charmed Me, Seduced Me, and Nearly Broke My Heart by William Alexander





Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:









I just learned about a wonderful Chrome Extension from Jen at Introverted Reader. Here's what Jen says: "The Library Extension lets me check availability at all of my libraries (digital or physical) at one time directly from GoodReads, Amazon, and many other bookish sites. It made my life so much easier!" I've only had it a few days, but I must agree with Jen.






Take a look at all the posts for the third week of Paris in July on Tamara's blog, Thyme for Tea, here. Emma at Words and Peace is offering five books set in France for $5 (to cover shipping) here. Mae at Mae's Food Blog shares The Anomaly: A Novel, a book written by one of the current members of Oulipo, and that review is here. Brona reviews another Maigret book here, and Marg posts a list of books set in France she still hasn't read here. And there are many, many more...






Good Thing #1

We played a duck racing game at my swim class this week.
Look at my cool duck! I love him, even though he did not win.




Good Thing #2

We are crazy about our new floors.




Good Thing #3

Family is everything. 
We had the most wonderful visit with our son and daughter-in-law
and all the extended family who came to join us 
to celebrate their time with us in Texas.







I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the floors! And that duck is brilliant. I wasn't sure where to link my Paris in July posts. I've put my name on the main page (I think!).

    Hope you have a great week and manage to finish all those books!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.