Saturday, July 16, 2022

The Pilot and the Little Prince, Cats of the Louvre, and Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

 





Our son, Ben, and his wife, Lisa,  are coming to see us this weekend from Chicago, and family is coming from all over to see them at our house while they are here. It feels like a wonderful combination of Christmas and Mother's Day and birthday---all the happy days---to have them come see us. 

So forgive me if I am off-blog until Monday...






It looks like I read a lot last week, but I really only finished six Paris-in-July-themed picture books, one Paris-in-July-themed graphic novel, and the new release Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin. 

My favorite reads of the week were Cats of the Louvre and Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow. Cats of the Louvre is a thoughtful if surreal story involving people that can go in and out of paintings as well as cats that live in the attic of the museum.  Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow is about gaming, but even though I know nothing about gaming, I found I loved the story.


Paris in July books:
Hugo by Atinuke (fiction picture book)
Piglette's Perfect Surprise by Katelyn Aronson (fiction picture book)
The Pilot and the Little Prince: The Life of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry by Peter Sis (nonfiction picture book)
Nothing Stopped Sophie: The Story of Unshakeable Mathematician Sophie Germain by Cheryl Bardoe (nonfiction picture book)
Marie Curie by Demi (nonfiction picture book)
Cats of the Louvre by Taiyo Matsumoto (graphic novel)

New release:
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin (new release fiction book)




Nana by Émile Zola
An Attempt at Exhausting a Place in Paris by Georges Perec
Simple French Food by Richard Olney
Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry






If you haven't gotten a chance to see all the posts for Paris in July, I'd love to have you visit my weekly summary for the second week here: "Vive le 14 juillet!" ("Long live the 14th of July!) and the Second Paris in July Weekly Summary











Good Thing #1, Good Thing #2, and Good Thing #3
Spending time with our son and his wife!







I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to see everyone. It's a nice kind of busy ☺️

    I have managed to read one of my Paris in July books - Paris For One and Other Short Stories (review will be up at 6pm BST this evening). I am hoping to get my second one read at least by the end of July!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.