Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Sunday Salon: My Fifteenth Year of Blogging: Let the Celebration Begin!








I never planned to be a blogger. I started my blog for a required technology class I had to take when I was a public school librarian. Over the course of the summer, I was asked to post once a week and to visit ten other blogs. It didn't take me long to discover all the fun parts of being a book blogger---24-hour readathons, blog hops, the Cybils book awards, book recommendations, book lists, Sunday Salon---and I found I was hooked. Happily, I've been blogging now for fifteen years, and I hope to continue blogging as long as blogging gives me joy. Thank you all for all the readathons and blog hops and book awards and book recommendations and Sunday Salons we have enjoyed together over the past fifteen years!



To celebrate, my lapidarian husband has cut a gemstone to give away to one of you! It's a two-and-a-half carat citrine, and the cut is a variation of the brilliant cut. Enter as many times as you like. The giveaway will be open the whole month of June, and I'll announce the winner in July.










What I Read Last Week: 


Mrs. Bridge by Evan Connell (Super Past Due Reviews)

Food Americana by David Page (Cook the Books Bookclub)






What I'm Reading Now:

The Last Mapmaker by Christina Soontornvat (Children's Fiction)

The Globetrotter's Guide to Happiness by Kate Morgan (Happiness)

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Classic)











Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:
The Sunday Salon: Let the Summer (or Winter) Reading Begin
Things That Make Me Instantly NOT Want to Read a Book: My Pet Peeves
In Which I Speed-Read My 67 Favorite Books I Brought Home from the Library Conference: Part One: Picture Books








Good Thing #1

We loved spending time with
some of our young book-crazy family members
over the Memorial Day weekend.




Good Thing #2

Fresh tomatoes from the garden!



Good Thing #3

Blogaversary celebration!








I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.